Sunday, November 29, 2009

Twilight Inspired Makeup

Hello!
Im sorta inlove with the Twilight saga. I mean yeah the movies are sorta shit, but thats only because the Books are sorta brilliant.
Honestly, If you havent read them, please do!! Even if you've seen both movies, the books are definitely still worth reading, you totally get sucked into the plot.
There was a time a few months ago where all I did was read the books, day after day until I finished the saga (sucks so bad! I wont ever find out how Renesme grew up! ) and I would go into town to my fav coffee shop and just read, my family and friends would be like "You going to see Edward, Bella and Jacob again?" and Im like Yeah.

Anyways!!!

Here's my interpretation of the saga.
Caution: Pic Heavy
I chose vamped up eyes, with a touch of red pigment, pale rosey-glow cheeks, and soft nude lips.
I started off with a basic base, I didnt even use a primer, Just applied Loreal Infallible Foundation, and lightly dusted it with powder using a brush similar to MACs 187 Duo Fibre Brush
Next I swept a black eyeshadow over the entire lid. I sprayed Nation Face Mist onto a Brush to make the colour more intense.
I applied my mascara now, so that my eyes were more open, so that I could adjust where I put the white eyeshadow. accordingly
I then added a white eyeshahow from just above the crease, to the eyebrow.
Then I blended (tried to - I still suck at this!! Tips???) (pictured, a smaller version of MAcs 168 Angled Contour brush).

I followed this with applying black eyeliner around both top and bottom rims of my eyes, and blending them into a thick layer.
I gentle dusted some pale pink blush over my cheeks and blended it all the way up my cheek bone. I finished off with some MAC Mineralized skinfinish in Soft and Gentle, and MACs Myth Lipstick.

Face

Loreal Infallible Foundation in Nude Beige 605

Loreal Infallible Powder in Natural Buff 662

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle

MOdels Prefer "Day and Night" Pallette Blush

Eyes
Rimmel Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black

Beauty Treats Pallette - Black shadow, and White Shadow

Natio Face Mist

Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara in Very Black

Lips

MAC Lipstick in Myth

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the look. i'm totally lost at the moment, as i've spent the last couple of months with my head stuck in those books, now i have nothing to spend lazy afternoons doing!!
anyway, this is a great look, you're very pretty! :)

Nicole said...

gorgeous look!

anne said...

awww sooo pretty!! i love the nude lip on you! anddd as usual, your eye make up is gorgeous <3

Cheryl♥ said...

You are stunning! This is such a beautiful look I love it. I was the same way with the books! lol My boyfriend would say "Do you have a date with Edward and Jacob tonight?" lol. He said I was cheating on him with them.

I love Soft & Gentle on you! Your skin is so glowy. I think I need it... do you like it?

Unknown said...

Very pretty look!~
Its alluring yet wearable.

Lisa Kate said...

Aw you look gorgeous!

I loved the Twilight books...I hated the movie :/ I did the same as you...I don't think I even left my house, I just wanted to read!

Anonymous said...

I like the last couple of photos but the first ones are so dark you should just delete them
http://pinacoladakisses.blogspot.com/

Music said...

Um, some picts came out too dark?

I haven't seen the movies, nor have I read the book. I guess I must be living in the dark ages. LOL.

My friends said they nearly cried when they read the books, so I think it's not the sort of story I like. I prefer a good old-fashioned detective mystery that doesn't make me weep. Personal preference.

I love the makeup look though. :)

Alexandra said...

Gorgeous! And I love your tragus piercing! ;)

xo

tennille said...

ahh i love it, you are flawless!

your blog looks amazing, how did you get the background? x

G said...

hey there :D nice eye make up :D

how's the LashBlast? is it worth it? :D i'm thinking of purchasing one :) drop by my blog and leave your reply on my CBox. :)

lorien kate said...

Eyyy :) Sorry about the pictures! On my computer they look fine, but I guess on others they come out too dark? Oh wells, You get the gist :) x

Makeup By Lauren P said...

hey hun! thanks so much for the lovely comment! i <3 ur blog as well & i looooove your twilight look! to follow me, click the "follow" button that is right under where it says "Beautiful Readers!" on my blog, hope this helps!

G said...

thanks for the reply... will probably buy LashBlast, :D

my follow button is above my Cbox, :)

Anonymous said...

Aw I love this look, its really nice! Your really pretty aswell. x

DluxEdition.com said...

You look gorgeous! :)
I really like they eye makeup.

Check out my blog too if you want!

valncami said...

love your eyes. you look like a litte doll! you are really pretty.

wanna follow each other?
i am def. following you now :)

come check out our blog <3
xo, camilla
abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I never knew that Natio face mist would work to intensify eyeshadow, I will try that next time!