Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Get Set!

Liquid Veil in Moscow Pink $30
What They Say: Crave a hint of colour? Try this super lightweight, barely there tint.
My Opinion: I love(love, love, love, LOVE) this stuff! You can use it either under foundation or just by itself. It gives the skin a luminous glow (which is what this range is for) and adds my dimension to my skin. It also has which as Pomegranate extract to protect the skin as an added incentive to buy this. However, when they suggest "barely there tint" I giggle to myself. It has a LOT of pigment, and is quite "glittery" (hard to find a better word!) So I haven't worn this alone; Id feel like a Christmas Tree ornament!

Memory Foundation in Light $30



What They Say: A tinted moisturizer that creates younger, dewier skin.

My Opinion: If you have combo skin this isnt for you! This is for people with normal to dry skin (or mature). The cover is just the same as any tinted moisturizer, and besides the fact it had no staying power it did give a nice glow to my face. Its pretty good value too!
Not a fan of their foundations - Only because they're a bit too pink-based for me!

Sweater Set $39


What They Say: Gorgeous cheek, eye and lip colours for your softer side.
My Opinion: The colours really are gorgeous! You can create a lovely soft and well blended pale eye, or you can switch it up to night time and use the dark brown to make a classic smokey eye! Brilliance! However, I only use the one light pink lip colour, so it's disappointing to waste the other two! Its most probably just because Im pale as (MAC NC20) and the other colours seem to "deep" for me. The blush is a nice coral/peachy shade that blends well and feels like silk! The colour is subtle, but Im sure you can build it up to make your cheeks really pop! All in all, it's a great handbag staple for on the go makeup application! Has everything (but mascara) that you'd need to look your best :).

Still To Try:

  • Primers! ($39) Ive tried thePre- Foundation primer and it made my skin flawless, but didn't seem to prolong my foundation wear time! So there's a new pore minimizing one that Im just dying to try!
  • The Concealor set ($36) Looks great - However doesn't have a green tint! And I NEED green to cover my rosey red cheeks :)
  • Baked Powder ($30) Its a dual blush - Definitely would like to try it out as a highlighter!!!

I love Napoleon; Definitely in my top 10 fav make up brands!!! Always have quality products and great colour range! (Minus their foundations, sorry!)

Whats everyone's favourite make brands?

No comments: